Jilani’s Spicy Lamb Sausage Pasta Bake
To serve 6
3 tbsp olive oil
1 onion diced
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
20g of fresh Rosemary leaves
12 Jilani’s Spicy Lamb sausages, chopped into circles
700g Fusilli pasta
500g fresh tomatoes
½ Pint of vegetable stock
20g or fresh chopped Basil
- Preheat the oven to 180c Fan/Gas mark 6
- To a large frying pan, add the oil and onion, slowly cook the onion until it is soft. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped pieces of sausages and fry until they are cooked on both sides.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, mushrooms and vegetable stock, let this simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Season with Basil and rosemary. You may want to add a pinch of salt and pepper, adjusting to your required taste.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the fusilli in boiling water, until soft. When the pasta is cooked, drain using a colander. Add the drained pasta into the sausage and sauce mix, then pour the entire pan contents into an oven proof dish.
- Bake the sausage pasta for 15-20 minutes. If you like, add grated cheese to the top of the pasta bake, return to the oven for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
For this recipe we have used our ‘Spicy Lamb Sausages’ but you could try it with our ‘Spicy Chicken Sausages’ or ‘Spicy Beef Sausages’!